Who are we?
Papaya Global is an established B2B tech unicorn in hypergrowth. We are on a mission to reimagine the payroll category with a game-changing, disruptive technology.
Papaya Global is reinventing workforce management, global payroll and payroll payments to remove the friction of complexity and regulation create. Our automated platform helps companies hire, onboard, manage, and pay people in more than 160 countries.
We don’t just cover the globe with our solution; we are global. We are comprised of people from different countries, different cultures, and different backgrounds. Diversity is our secret weapon.
We’re looking for a Senior SW Architect to join our growing team. You’ll be working closely with both the product team and the R&D department and lead the architecture design of Papaya’s products.
We use Java, Node JS & Python to develop our backend and use the latest AWS cloud services for development and production environments.
- Collaborate with other professionals to determine functional requirements for new software or applications
- Work closely with the R&D and DevOps departments and lead the architecture design of Papaya’s products
- Work closely with the product team in order to translate business demands into technical design
- Research and implement new technological changes / features, keeping us up to date
- Develop high-level product architecture with attention to system integration, scaling and feasibility
- Help define all aspects of development, from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards
- Oversee progress of development team to ensure consistency with initial design
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers
- Proven experience as software architect and application design – 3-5 years
- At least 13-15 years of experience as an SW developer in multi-disciplinary products and infrastructure (proficiency in either Java or Node Js)
- Experience in building enterprise Self-Services, SaaS, and scaled products
- Highly proficient with design patterns and deep understanding of the development life cycle
- Proven ability to drive end-to-end feature development, from design to deployment
- Deep understanding and experience of cloud-based infrastructure
- Knowledge of industry best practices for package management and their release cycles
- Experience in breaking monoliths into microservices architecture
- Experience with multi-version microservices
- Deep understanding in software design paradigms (EDD, DDD, TDD, etc.) and principles (KISS, SOLID, DRY, SSOT, CQS, etc.)
- Experience with NoSQL and SQL, REST and GraphQL
- Experience in Dockerize environment
- Knowledgeable with branching strategy for Git based development
- Hands-on experience and good understanding of Event Driven Design (RabbitMQ)
- Experience in Agile development, including CI/CD and automations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar field
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, independent learning, and understanding complex systems
- Excellent English verbal & written communication skills