Senior Backend Developer - Core Team
Papaya Global is a rapidly growing, award-winning B2B tech unicorn with a mission to revolutionize the payroll and payments industry. With over $400M raised from top-tier investors, our innovative technology provides a comprehensive solution for managing global workforces, from hiring and onboarding to managing and paying employees in over 160 countries.
We’re looking for a strong backend developer to join our growing team. You’ll be working closely with an amazing group of developers and be responsible for the server side of our web applications.
We use Node.js & Java to develop our backend and use the latest AWS services for development and production environments.
Papaya's Core team is responsible for the main business flows in the platform. Responsibilities include handling most of the payroll cycle aspects, onboarding employees with various integration options, overseeing employees cost plan and specific cycle updates calculations, payslips validation and publishing, and more.
As part of the team, you will design new features with the Architecture and Product teams, planning and executing features critical to Papaya's business flow. On the backend, you will use Java with Spring Boot, NodeJS with Typescript, Micro-services, REST & GraphQL, messages queues, relational and no-SQL databases, and more. And on the FE, you will use Angular, React, Redux, Apollo GraphQL, Styled components, SCSS, and more.
You will use SOLID and clean code principles while testing your code with unit, component, integration, and e2e tests.
- Develop the tools and infrastructure that power Papaya’s backend infrastructure.
- Ensure high quality of backend code, including rigorous automated testing and code reviews
- Take an active role in code reviews & pull requests, get your own code reviewed by the team and become a better developer overall
- Keep up to date on the latest techniques in development and testing
- Learn new stuff and enrich other team members
- 8+ years of experience in Java
- Experience in developing web applications
- Experience in Agile development, including continuous integration, continuous deployment and coding for automated testing
- Experience in core database systems (SQL, NoSQL, Redis, etc).
- FullStack mindset - Backend (Typescript & Java) & FE (React) - big plus
- Experience in deploying and maintaining in an AWS environment
- A passion for improving software quality through self learning
- Get things done mentality
- To be a team player