Senior Backend Developer
- Poland - Kraków
Who are we?
Papaya Global is an established B2B tech unicorn in hypergrowth. We are on a mission to reimagine the payroll category with a game-changing, disruptive technology.
Papaya Global is reinventing workforce management, global payroll and payroll payments to remove the friction of complexity and regulation create. Our automated platform helps companies hire, onboard, manage, and pay people in more than 160 countries.
We don’t just cover the globe with our solution; we are global. We are comprised of people from different countries, different cultures, and different backgrounds. Diversity is our secret weapon.
Papaya global is looking for a Senior Java Developer to join our growing team. The responsibilities include new features development, optimization, refactoring, and scaling of current infrastructure. Attend and participate in Engineering meetings, back-end side architecture and features with other back-end developers. Work with different dev-ops tools (we work with AWS, setting EC2s, databases, queue, clustering, sharding). Enrich current backend team.
- Do optimization, refactoring, and scaling of current infrastructure to provide robust and quick application to our customers.
- Software design and development of new features from A-Z, from product to
- Responsibility of system stability and responding to critical incidents.
- Code review your colleagues code and response to CRs directed to you.
- Working with our CI/CD tools (including tweaking the setup of the CI)
- 5+ Years professional experience as a Software Engineer
- Minimum Java experience of 4+ years with any framework (preferably springboot and Play framework, but not a must)
- Master version control, especially git
- At least intermediate knowledge in Continuous Integration (INCLUDING changing scripts, setting up CI, dealing with problems) and Software Development Lifecycle Management (knowledge of Scrum, Jira, Jenkin, build tools)
- You write clean code, love unit testing (optional - TDD/BDD), and value readability over cleverness
- Deep knowledge of design patterns & knowledge of IoC frameworks
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with web service frameworks and API technologies
- Practical experience in an agile software development environment
- Self-driven and result oriented; You'll jump on a task and drive it to completion
- English level: not less then upper-intermediate
- Lunch card - monthly allowance of 470 PLN
- Luxmed for you and your family
- Gift voucher for your birthday
- Multisport card
- 10 additional days of paid maternity/paternity leave
- Training and language classes budget
- Employee Assistance Program (mental health support)
- Office in the city centre of Krakow
- Laptop of your choice - PC or Mac
- Massages in the office - once per week
- Animal friendly office