Sales Development Representative
Papaya Global is a rapidly growing, award-winning B2B tech unicorn with an ambitious mission to revolutionize the payroll & payments industry. With over $400M raised from multiple tier-one investors, our innovative technology provides a comprehensive solution for managing global workforces, encompassing everything from hiring and onboarding to managing and paying employees in over 160 countries.
Do you want to serve as the “tip of the spear” and get the sales process in motion for your organization? If yes, then we may have a home for you at Papaya Global. We are focused on adding an enthusiastic Sales Development Representative (SDR) to our fast-growing team. Reporting to the SDR Leader, you will be responsible for consistently meeting with prospective customers to help develop and build pipeline opportunities for the tenured sellers in the organization. This is a critical role for Papaya as you will accelerate how we go to market globally.
The Papaya SDR role is customer-facing (video/phone) sales role, focused on demand generation activities. You will be responsible for appropriately presenting Papaya Global’s value proposition to both prospects and clients, and also understanding their needs. You will likely be the first person from Papaya Global that many prospects will meet – so you will also serve as an important brand ambassador for the company. The role has tremendous near-term growth potential into senior sales and team leadership roles, allowing you to not only kick-start your sales career at Papaya; but also grow and develop with an organization in hyper-growth mode.
This role will be filled in Austin, Texas, where we have our largest US office and operate a hybrid work model.
- Engage prospective customers that have expressed interest in Papaya Global from a variety of sources including the Papaya website, referral partners, and internet searches.
- Uncover new opportunities by proactively reaching out to prospects in our “sweet spot”, ranging from fellow-hyper growth start-ups to Fortune 500 enterprises
- Build relationships with assigned accounts and fortify their understanding of, and interest in, Papaya solutions. Your primary focus is to cultivate and manage a large opportunity pipeline.
- Once your account is ready to proceed further with Papaya, you will seamlessly facilitate the introduction of your account to a dedicated Account Executive from the Sales organization, who will take the process forward. This transition moment is critical to do well to ensure a first-class customer experience.
- 2+ years of business development experience: with a record of accomplishment and success, within tech.
- Proven track record in managing multiple opportunities and ability to navigate and secure discovery-level meetings. Ability to execute strategic and tactical initiatives that deliver tangible results.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a fast-paced, environment while prioritizing and managing multiple responsibilities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and a proven ability to influence others internally and externally.
- Passion for and ability to have cross-industry, consultative conversations regarding business challenges and opportunities.
- Hands-on – be the person who wants to roll up her/his sleeves to get the job done.
- A strong focus on ownership and execution. An individual with the appropriate level of drive and “toughness” to effectively execute, deliver results and meet deadlines.