Senior Sales Development Representaive
Who are we?
Papaya Global is an established B2B tech unicorn in hypergrowth. We are on a mission to reimagine the payroll category with a game-changing, disruptive technology.
Papaya Global is reinventing workforce management, global payroll and payroll payments to remove the friction of complexity and regulation create. Our automated platform helps companies hire, onboard, manage, and pay people in more than 160 countries. We don’t just cover the globe with our solution, we are global. We are comprised of people from different countries, different cultures, and different backgrounds. Diversity is our secret weapon.
Who do we need?
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic Senior Sales Development Representative (SDR) to join our fast-growing team. You will be responsible for consistently meeting with prospective customers to help develop and build pipeline opportunities for the tenured sellers in the organization and help with managing the teams, support the training and mentoring of the junior SDRs. This is a critical role for Papaya as you will accelerate how we go to market globally.
The Papaya SDR role is an senior-level customer-facing (video/phone) sales role, focused on demand generation activities. You will be responsible for appropriately presenting Papaya Global’s value proposition to both prospects and clients, and also understanding their needs. In this role, you will be responsible for mentoring and motivating the team of sales development representatives (SDRs) to generate and qualify new leads for the sales team.
- Develop and implement strategies to optimize the SDR team's performance and productivity.
- Provide coaching and feedback to SDRs on their sales techniques, pitch delivery, and objection handling.
- Engage prospective customers that have expressed interest in Papaya Global from a variety of sources including the Papaya website, referral partners, and internet searches.
- Uncover new opportunities by proactively reaching out to prospects in our “sweet spot”, ranging from fellow-hypergrowth start-ups to Fortune 500 enterprises
- Build relationships with assigned accounts and fortify their understanding of, and interest in, Papaya solutions. Your primary focus is to cultivate and manage a large opportunity pipeline.
- Once your account is ready to proceed further with Papaya, you will seamlessly facilitate the introduction of your account to a dedicated Account Executive from the Sales organization, who will take the process forward. This transition moment is critical to do well to ensure a first-class customer experience.
- 2+ years of experience in sales development, with at least 1 year of experience in a leadership role.
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills, with a track record of developing successful SDRs.
- Business development experience: with a record of accomplishment and success.
- Proven track record in managing multiple opportunities and ability to navigate and secure discovery-level meetings. Ability to execute strategic and tactical initiatives that deliver tangible results.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a fast-paced, environment while prioritizing and managing multiple responsibilities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and a proven ability to influence others internally and externally.
- Passion for and ability to have cross-industry, consultative conversations regarding business challenges and opportunities.
- Hands-on – be the person who wants to roll up her/his sleeves to get the job done.
- A strong focus on ownership and execution. An individual with the appropriate level of drive and “toughness” to effectively execute, deliver results and meet deadlines.
This role will be filled in London, where we have our UK office and operate a hybrid work model