R&D Group Leader
Who are we?
Papaya Global is an established B2B tech unicorn in hypergrowth. We are on a mission to reimagine the payroll category with a game-changing, disruptive technology.
Papaya Global is reinventing workforce management, global payroll and payroll payments to remove the friction of complexity and regulation create. Our automated platform helps companies hire, onboard, manage, and pay people in more than 160 countries.
We don’t just cover the globe with our solution; we are global. We are comprised of people from different countries, different cultures, and different backgrounds. Diversity is our secret weapon.
Papaya Global is looking for an exceptional R&D Group Leader to lead our Core Payroll group.
Papaya Global's Core group is responsible for the main business flows in the platform. Responsibilities include handling most of the payroll cycle aspects, onboarding employees with various integration options, overseeing employees' cost plans and specific cycle update calculations, pay slips validation, publishing, and more.
You will be responsible for team building, critical product components, providing technical leadership, and planning the future of Papaya Global's payroll solution.
You will be part of the global engineering management team and assume a critical role in defining the development methods and maintaining the high quality of the product. You will be required to operate in a modern technologies stack that includes React, Node.js, Java, and MariaDB on an AWS cloud environment.
- Manage an engineering group with 3-4 teams
- Define, design, and lead the delivery of critical features and system enhancements
- Work closely with product managers, architects, and business experts to define a team roadmap.
- Set priorities and coordinate your group activities
- Work in a fast and agile growing company
- At least 3 years of experience leading large engineering groups
- Strong technical background as a software engineer in a product delivery company
- Team player with excellent organizational and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience in building cross-functional teams of frontend, backend, and automation developers
- Experience in building enterprise cloud-based SaaS scaled products in a microservice environment
- Experience in product delivery using modern development life cycle
- Ability to drive end-to-end feature development, from design to deployment
- Problem-solving and creative, results-oriented thinking skills
Nice to have
- HR/Payroll tech experience