Principle Software Engineer - Back End
- Bangalore, India
We’re looking for a strong backend developer to join our growing team. You’ll be working closely with an amazing group of developers and be responsible for the server side of our web applications.
We use Java to develop our backend and use the latest AWS services for development and production environments.
The Papaya Integration Team is responsible for automatic data synchronization with various third-party providers. As a member of our team, you will design and implement integration infrastructures, research, and integrate different APIs, develop data pipelines and data conversion processes. We work closely with other R&D teams to develop integration strategies that fit their needs. Our technology portfolio includes Java, Spring, microservices, message queues, relational and no-SQL databases, and many more.
· Develop the tools and infrastructure that power Papaya’s backend infrastructure.
· Ensure high quality of backend code, including rigorous automated testing and code reviews
· Take an active role in code reviews & pull requests, get your own code reviewed by the team and become a better developer overall
· Keep up to date on the latest techniques in development and testing
· Learn new stuff and enrich other team members
· 6+ years of experience in Java
· Experience in developing web applications
· Experience in Agile development, including continuous integration, continuous deployment, and coding for automated testing.
· Experience in core database systems (SQL, NoSQL, Redis, etc).
· Experience in deploying and maintaining in an AWS environment.
· A passion for improving software quality through self-learning.
· Get things done mentality.
· To be a team player