Payroll Delivery Team Lead
- Bangalore, India
Papaya Global is reinventing global payroll and workforce management. Our automated platform helps companies hire, onboard, manage, and pay people in more than 160 countries.
The Payroll Delivery Specialist team will work to support the global Payroll Experts teams at Papaya. We’re looking for an energetic, reliable, and adaptable payroll service support team member who is skilled at process improvements and data validations for the accurate and efficient processing of payroll.
- Manage the local Payroll Delivery team to ensure that goals and tasks are achieved and completed within the required timeline.
- Improve existing work processes to achieve better efficiency and scalability
- Maintain a high level of product proficiency. Fully understand the features and limitations of Papaya’s entire suite of products and provide innovative and creative solutions.
- Navigate internal resources and get answers to your questions, addressing issues end-to-end in a timely manner
- Complete individual client requests independently, using your judgement and problem-solving skills
- Work closely with Global Payroll Experts to ensure appropriate follow-up of identified customer needs.
- Lead payroll audits and process improvements for the Data & Payroll Department to ensure accuracy, data integrity, and adherence to regulatory mandates
- Manage, review, and validate salary changes, benefits, and equity processing between various systems as it relates to payroll
- Serve as a point of contact between internal and external stakeholders on all payroll inquiries
- Support the onboarding of employees with ICP by way of ensuring all required documents are received uploaded and sent to appropriate contact while maintaining excellent levels of GDPR
- Support the Account Managers and Global Payroll Experts with creating cases in SF and managing each case in collaboration with Account Manager/GPE until case is closed
- Offer improvement on all ongoing processes
- Manage, review, and validate salary changes, benefits, and equity processing between various stakeholders
- Adhere to all internal SLA's and ensure they are met.
- 6+ years of work experience in payroll operations or customer service operations
- 4+ years of payroll processing experience and SME in one or more geographies
- 2+ years of team management experience
- Well-versed by general payroll process/rules and can guide the team wherever required
- Detailed oriented
- Can-do positive approach
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office suite
- Strong customer service skills
- Experience with outsourced payroll providers
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Fluency in written and oral English