Head of Treasury
Who are we?
Papaya Global is an established B2B tech unicorn in hypergrowth. We are on a mission to reimagine the payroll category with a game-changing, disruptive technology. Papaya Global is reinventing workforce management, global payroll and payroll payments to remove the friction of complexity and regulation create. Our automated platform helps companies hire, onboard, manage, and pay people in more than 160 countries. We don’t just cover the globe with our solution; we are global. We are comprised of people from different countries, different cultures, and different backgrounds. Diversity is our secret weapon.
We are recruiting for a Head Of Treasury who will work strategically across all business units. You will help to create opportunities to drive the business forward by leveraging Treasury expertise and provide accurate cashflow forecasts and analysis .
- Lead strategic initiatives to implement an appropriate Treasury Management system
- Manage financial risks (FX, interest rate, hedging (Economical and Accounting), credit, liquidity etc
- Develop a system of reporting and KPIs, focused on efficiency of working capital and risk management
- Work on the design and implementation of a new treasury processes and systems in line with best practice, pushing the business towards a strategic end goal of real time liquidity management
- Work closely with product, compliance, and engineering functions
- Manage the efficiencies of the group liquidity requirements
- Ensure accurate and timely treasury reporting to senior stakeholders
- Ensure all regulatory liquidity reporting is accurate and completed to deadlines.
- Develop and enhance liquidity stress tests whilst collaborating closely with the Group’s risk department to ensure all regulatory risk documents are sufficiently robust
- Take responsibility for the daily operations of the Treasury function
- Manage liquidity, cash flow (Forecast, actual (direct)), and working capital through effective cashflow forecasting
- Collaborate with Group FP&A team to provide insights on treasury performance to support management reporting, budgeting and forecasting processes
- Take part in the Group banking relationships and ensure effective capital structures and loan facilities are in place as appropriate.
- Have the ability to lead and contribute inputs to strategic treasury projects
- Contribute to senior finance management discussions and projects as and when required
- Manage recurring treasury responsibilities including global cash management, cash forecasting, bank relationship management
- Ensure segregation of duties among related processes and maintain effective internal controls surrounding global treasury practices
Nice to have
- Experienced (7-10+ years) treasury professional, with a solid track record and relevant Treasury and/or Accounting qualifications (CIMA/ACCA/ACA/AMCT/MCT etc)
- International treasury management experience in either a regulated financial services (banking / payments/ e-money) or complex multinational environment (multi entity/ multi currency/ multi bank high transactional flow environment)
- Experience and knowledge of global payments, bank relationships, funding and investments, risk and working capital management.
- Strong communicator with good stakeholder management skills
- Able to translate technical expertise into solutions and process guidance to implement improvements or address user issues.
- Experienced in data analysis, forecasting and reporting
- Pro-active self-starter. Demonstrates a strong sense of urgency and responsiveness.