Head of Payments Compliance (Maternity Cover)
- Poland - Kraków
Who are we?
Papaya Global is an established B2B tech unicorn in hyper-growth. We are on a mission to reimagine the payroll category with a game-changing, disruptive technology.
Papaya Global is reinventing workforce management, global payroll and payroll payments to remove the friction that complexity and regulation create. Our automated platform helps companies hire, onboard, manage, and pay people in more than 160 countries.
We don’t just cover the globe with our solution; we are global. We are comprised of people from different countries, different cultures, and different backgrounds. Diversity is our secret weapon.
The role is a maternity cover for the Head of Payment Compliance. Payment Compliance team is a 1LOD function covering Onboarding Due Diligence/KYC, Transaction Monitoring, and Regulatory Compliance.
· Identify, assess, monitor, and control compliance risks associated with the Company’s current and proposed future business activities.
· Monitor the regulatory developments and prepare the Company for upcoming regulatory changes.
· Implement any necessary amendments to Due Diligence procedures and programs following changes in AML and Regulatory Compliance risk assessments.
· Act as advisor on CDD related queries from the Compliance Team members and the Company Staff.
· Conduct Due Diligence checks of high-risk accounts/customers for escalated cases.
· Supervise Due Diligence checks conducted by the Compliance Team members (ongoing Quality Control).
· Liaise with other business stakeholders including IT to ensure a proper integration of KYC verification tools and other systems designed to support the Due Diligence processes.
· Ensure the proper training of relevant employees in Compliance.
· Implement any necessary amendments in the sanctions procedures and programs following any changes in the AML and Regulatory Compliance Manual.
· Cooperate with third party vendors and relevant stakeholders including IT in ensuring the proper integration of sanctions screening tools.
· Supervise the transaction monitoring (Monthly Quality Control).
· Ensure the proper record keeping of transaction monitoring results, implement any necessary amendments in the transactions monitoring procedures and programs following any changes in the AML and Regulatory Compliance Manual.
· Supervise the adjustment of the transaction monitoring rules according to the current fraud, money laundering or terrorist financing patterns and trends.
· Conduct enhanced verification of large value transactions based on customer risk ratings.
· Support the Group Compliance Officer in ensuring proper staff training in the area of transaction monitoring, recognising the suspicious activities and reporting of unusual activities.
· Report any knowledge or suspicion of money laundering or terrorist financing to the MLRO.
· Supervise the chargeback and fraud reporting process.
· Prepare the regular chargeback, underlying fraud rate, manual review rate and other relevant reports.
· Advice business stakeholders on the compliance tools and other fraud and compliance related matters.
· Communicate with the official institutions, banks and partners in regard to DPA requests.
· You’ll need to be based in Kraków or in the close vicinity (minimum 3 days of work from the office)
· Bachelor’s degree
· 5+ years of experience in compliance role within financial services, preferably a Bank, EMI or Payments Service Provider.
· Payments knowledge is a strong positive
· Experience liaising with senior members of the management team, banks, auditors and regulators.
· Strong knowledge of all aspects of financial crime; KYC, AML, CFT, sanctions screening
· Excellent communications skills – written and verbal.
· Ability to multitask and work to tight deadline.
· Proactive and creative in problem-solving
· Proficient in tools like ComplyAdvantage, Onfido, Salesforce, Microsoft office etc.
· Experience working in a scale-up business would be beneficial.
- Lunch card - monthly allowance of 470 PLN
- Luxmed for you and your family
- Monthly commuting allowance
- A gift voucher for your birthday
- Multisport card
- 10 additional days of paid maternity/paternity leave
- Training budget and language classes after 1 year
- Employee Assistance Program(mental health support)
- Office in the city centre of Krakow
- Massages in the office - once per week
- Animal friendly office