Group Payment Compliance Officer
Papaya Global is a rapidly growing, award-winning B2B tech unicorn with an ambitious mission to revolutionize the payroll & payments industry. With over $400M raised from multiple tier-one investors, our innovative technology provides a comprehensive solution for managing global workforces, encompassing everything from hiring and onboarding to managing and paying employees in over 160 countries.
We are looking for a Compliance Officer to join our Legal team.
You will be:
· Responsible for the management, development, and implementation of the financial services compliance program for the Group globally (2nd line of defence)
- Maintain & update all relevant compliance standards, policies, and procedures across the payments business to meet all relevant regulatory requirements
- Responsible for regulatory AML audits as part of the compliance programme
- Be the main point of contact with respect to all compliance matters vis-a-vis banking and other payments partners
- Collaborate with head of payments operations to manage the payments compliance team, that focus on first line of defence and clients’ and partner onboarding
- Manage local compliance officers in various jurisdictions (including Netherlands, Australia, Canada, Hong Kong)
- Engage with local regulators and maintain good relationships, where applicable
- Prepare and submit any further regulatory licenses based on business needs
- Collaborate with product and provide expert opinion on compliance implications
- Keep abreast of changes in the regulatory environment and appropriately assessing the impact to the business
- Communicate effectively to senior management/board of directors on a regular basis on any compliance topics
- Minimum 7 years of experience in compliance,
- Extensive background in Financial Services & regulatory expertise in a Senior Compliance role globally
- Payments knowledge is a strong positive
- Experience liaising with senior members of the management team and regulators
- All aspects of financial crime; KYC, AML, CFT, sanctions screening
- Experience dealing with complex technology systems
- Works effectively and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills