Group Payment Compliance Officer
Papaya Global is a rapidly growing, award-winning B2B tech unicorn with an ambitious mission to revolutionize the payroll & payments industry. With over $400M raised from multiple tier-one investors, our innovative technology provides a comprehensive solution for managing global workforces, encompassing everything from hiring and onboarding to managing and paying employees in over 160 countries.
We are looking for a Compliance Officer to join our Legal team.
· Responsible for the management, development, and implementation of the financial services compliance program for the Group globally (2nd line of defence)
· Maintain & update all relevant compliance standards, policies, and procedures across the payments business to meet all relevant regulatory requirements
· Responsible for regulatory AML audits as part of the compliance programme
· Be the main point of contact with respect to all compliance matters vis-a-vis banking and other payments partners
· Collaborate with Head of Payments Operations to manage the payments compliance team, that focus on first line of defence and clients’ and partner onboarding
· Manage local compliance officers in various jurisdictions (including Netherlands, Australia, Canada, Hong Kong)
· Engage with local regulators and maintain good relationships, where applicable
· Prepare and submit any further regulatory licenses based on business needs
· Collaborate with product and provide expert opinion on compliance implications
· Keep abreast of changes in the regulatory environment and appropriately assessing the impact to the business
· Communicate effectively to senior management/board of directors on a regular basis on any compliance topics
· Minimum 7 years of experience in compliance
· Extensive background in Financial Services & regulatory expertise in a Senior Compliance role globally
· Payments knowledge is a strong positive
· Experience liaising with senior members of the management team and regulators
· All aspects of financial crime; KYC, AML, CFT, sanctions screening
· Experience dealing with complex technology systems
· Works effectively and collaboratively in a team environment.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills