General Manager, India
- Bangalore, India
Who are we?
Papaya Global is an established B2B tech unicorn in hypergrowth. We are on a mission to reimagine the payroll category with a game-changing, disruptive technology.
Papaya Global is reinventing workforce management, global payroll and payroll payments to remove the friction of complexity and regulation create. Our automated platform helps companies hire, onboard, manage, and pay people in more than 160 countries.
We don’t just cover the globe with our solution; we are global. We are comprised of people from different countries, different cultures, and different backgrounds. Diversity is our secret weapon.”To continue operating at our high standards, we’re seeking a general manager who’s a born leader. This person should have experience in overseeing business operations.
The ideal candidate will be an expert communicator who has a strong ability to delegate responsibility and collaborate across a range of departments. Ultimately, the general manager should be driven by a desire to lead our business to maximize productivity and efficiency.
- Build a strategic plan for optimized productivity in our process and day-to-day management of the site.
- Review and improve organizational effectiveness by developing processes, overseeing employees, establishing a highly motivational work environment, and implementing innovative changes
- Seek out opportunities for expansion and growth by developing new business relationships
- Provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas
- Oversee day-to-day operations, assign weekly performance goals and ensure their completion, and accomplish your own goals
- Maintain project timelines to ensure tasks are accomplished effectively
- Develop, implement, and maintain budgetary and resource allocation plans
- Delegate responsibilities to the best-qualified employees and enforce all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines, and cultural values
- Resolve internal staff conflicts efficiently and to the mutual benefit of all involved
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Finance, and/or Economics, or a related field
- At least 10 years of experience and proven success in a senior managerial role
- Strong background and experience in the payroll industry
- Experience managing complex operation teams and past experience with managing managers.
- Strong teamwork-leading skills, ability to adapt to a fast-paced, international work environment with a passion for making an impact
- Ability to motivate and lead employees, and hold them accountable
- Experience with business reporting and analytics
- Strong decision-making ability
- Fluent in English and have excellent communication skills. Additional languages are an advantage