Global Payroll Expert
Who are we?
Papaya Global is an established B2B tech unicorn in hypergrowth. We are on a mission to reimagine the payroll category with a game-changing, disruptive technology.
Papaya Global is reinventing workforce management, global payroll and payroll payments to remove the friction of complexity and regulation create. Our automated platform helps companies hire, onboard, manage, and pay people in more than 160 countries. We don’t just cover the globe with our solution, we are global. We are comprised of people from different countries, different cultures, and different backgrounds. Diversity is our secret weapon.
This role will be key to ensuring the accuracy of our payroll processing, managing the relationship with our local payroll partners, and providing inputs for standardising and improving current payroll processes. A crucial function of this role is also to ensure first-class customer and employee support on payroll-related topics.
Key responsibilities include:
- Be a content expert and a go-to person for multiple interfaces as to onboarding suppliers to the company’s system, proactive problem solver, and partner to CSM team leads, COE, R&D & Product leaders
- Lead payroll audits and process improvements for the Data & Payroll Department to ensure accuracy, data integrity, and adherence to regulatory mandates
- Manage, review, and validate salary changes, benefits, and equity processing between various systems as it relates to payroll
- Serve as a point of contact between internal and external stakeholders on all payroll inquiries
- Develop and implement best practices, key performance indicators and SLA metrics for department
- Remain up to date with international payroll laws/regulations.
- Lead and train teams on E2E process, provide guidance and expertise across the organization
- 2+ years of Client Management or Customer Success experience
- 3+ years of work experience in payroll operations at a global payroll or fintech company or supplemented with Customer Service or Project Management experience
- Strong customer service skills & experience with outsourced payroll providers
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Detailed oriented
- Can-do positive approach
- Fluent in English; Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office suite
- Leadership and great interpersonal skills
- BS. in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics or similar