Global Payroll Expert
Who are we?
Papaya Global is an established B2B tech unicorn in hypergrowth. We are on a mission to reimagine the payroll category with game-changing, disruptive technology.
Papaya Global is reinventing workforce management, global payroll, and payroll payments to remove the friction of complexity and regulation create. Our automated platform helps companies hire, onboard, manage, and pay people in more than 160 countries.
We don’t just cover the globe with our solution; we are global. We are comprised of people from different countries, different cultures, and different backgrounds. Diversity is our secret weapon.
You must be based in the US for this role.
We’re looking for energetic, reliable, and adaptable payroll expert who is a leader in process improvements and data validations for the accurate and efficient processing of payroll.
- Be the main focal point of contact for everything client related.
- Maintain a high level of product proficiency to guide clients on the best business solution through Papaya Products. Fully understand the features and limitations of Papaya’s entire suite of products and provide innovative and creative solutions even when clients haven’t asked for them.
- Take the customer through the client lifecycle to ensure ongoing success
- Lead payroll audits and process improvements for the Data & Payroll Department to ensure accuracy, data integrity, and adherence to regulatory mandates
- Manage, review, and validate salary changes, benefits, and equity processing between various systems as it relates to payroll
- Serve as a point of contact between internal and external stakeholders on all payroll inquiries
- Develop and implement best practices, key performance indicators, and SLA metrics for the department
- Remain up to date with international payroll laws/regulations.
- Lead and train teams on the E2E process, provide guidance and expertise across the organization
- 2+ years of Client Management or Customer Success experience
- 3+ years of work experience in payroll operations at a global payroll or fintech company or supplemented with Customer Service or Project Management experience
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in Spanish or Portuguese is a plus
- Strong team-working skills, ability to adapt to a fast-paced, international work environment with a passion for making an impact
- “Customer-First” attitude and approach to all your day to day interactions with your customers
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage time, even under high-pressure situations
- Detailed oriented
- Can-do positive approach
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office suite
- Strong customer service skills
- Experience with outsourced payroll providers
- BS. in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics or similar
- NYC Salary Range: $85k-110k base. Salary range will vary based on geography and experience.