Head of Engineering, Bangalore
- Bangalore, India
Papaya Global is a rapidly growing, award-winning B2B tech unicorn with an ambitious mission to revolutionize the payroll & payments industry. With over $400M raised from multiple tier-one investors, our innovative technology provides a comprehensive solution for managing global workforces, encompassing everything from hiring and onboarding to managing and paying employees in over 160 countries.
Papaya Global is looking for an exceptional R&D Manager to setup, build and manage our engineering presence in Bangalore, India.
You will be responsible for finding great talent, bringing them together and turning them into an effective scrum team, with responsibility over main business flows in the Papaya platform.
You will be responsible for team building, critical product components, providing technical leadership, and planning the future of Papaya Global's payroll solution. You will be responsible for the quality and timeliness of all ongoing work being assigned for development to the Indian team.
You will be required to operate in a modern technologies stack that includes React, Node.js, Java, and MariaDB on an AWS cloud environment, being a hands-on technical manager who helps the team deliver excellent quality software on an on-going basis.
As we progress and grow, you will be responsible for building/setting up multiple teams and managing their ongoing deliveries.
You will of course be part of the global engineering management team and assume a critical role in defining the development methods and maintaining the high quality of the product.
• 3-5 years as a team leader
• 8-10 years of experience in server-side (Java) or full stack (Java+React) development
• Experience in development in micro-service-oriented architecture
• Experience in agile development, including continuous integration, continuous deployment, and coding for automated testing
• Experience in core database systems (SQL, NoSQL, Redis, etc.)
• Get-things-done mentality
• A team player
Nice to have
• Experience in designing and developing data processes
• Experience in deploying and maintaining in an AWS environment
• A passion for improving software quality through self-learning
• Experience in developing financial applications
• Experience in Node JS