Staff Data Engineer
Papaya Global is a rapidly growing, award-winning B2B tech unicorn with an ambitious mission to revolutionize the payroll & payments industry. With over $400M raised from multiple tier-one investors, our innovative technology provides a comprehensive solution for managing global workforces, encompassing everything from hiring and onboarding to managing and paying employees in over 160 countries.
We are seeking a highly experienced and motivated Senior Data Engineer to join our growing data group. The ideal candidate will have extensive expertise in data architecture, data modeling and data engineering best practices working with the latest data platforms and cutting-edge technologies.
This is an amazing opportunity to take a key role in building and implementing our data platform and unlocking the full potential of our organization's data assets.
- Drive the data architecture, methodology, tools and standards for our data initiatives, ensuring visibility, accuracy, scalability, performance, and data integrity.
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders, to understand their data needs and requirements.
- Design and oversee the implementation of data models, data pipelines, and data integration processes, ensuring high-quality and efficient data flows.
- Mentor and guide data engineers in the team.
- 8+ years of hands-on experience in data architecture, data modeling, and data engineering, with a focus on cloud-based solutions.
- In-depth knowledge of cloud-based data platforms, and related technologies (e.g., Redshift, BigQuery, Snowflake, Data Lakes)
- Deep understanding of distributed data processing architecture and tools such as Kafka, Spark, and Airflow
- Proficiency in data warehouse design and expertise with modern data pipelines, i.e.: ELT methodologies and tools, and mastering data related programming languages such as SQL, Python, Scala, et-al.
- Experience with development practices – Agile, CI/CD, TDD
- Excellent business acumen and ability to understand market landscapes, customer needs, and internal user requirements.
- Strong communication and influencing skills to drive change and foster a data-driven culture.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
If you are passionate about building innovative data solutions and creating a data-driven culture within a cloud-based software company, Join us!