Papaya Global is a rapidly growing, award-winning B2B tech unicorn with an ambitious mission to revolutionize the payroll & payments industry. With over $400M raised from multiple tier-one investors, our innovative technology provides a comprehensive solution for managing global workforces, encompassing everything from hiring and onboarding to managing and paying employees in over 160 countries.
We are looking for a Corporate Controller who will oversee all the financial aspects of the business globally. A Corporate Controller is a reliable professional with broad knowledge of all accounting, financial, and business principles. We are looking for a strategic thinker and an effective leader, with vast financial and accounting experience and knowledge of US GAAP.
- Lead and manage the accounting functions through periods of rapid growth
- Manage all aspects of our finance operations, including all transactions related to the general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll, and financial reporting
- Own financial reporting, including revenue recognition and consolidation
- Manage the controllership team, including global and local teams of accounting and bookkeeping
- Lead tax accounting and statutory reporting
- Be accountable for monthly close and full quarterly financial statements in accordance with US GAAP, working with auditors on periodic financial reporting and memos
- Manage all financial and accounting topics: Equity, SBC, ReVReC, commissions, lease accounting, etc.
- CPA with Big 4 experience
- 10+ years total of experience in finance or business operations, including at least 2+ years of experience as a Corporate Controller in a US public traded high-growth SaaS company.
- Experience with pre-IPO readiness process and IPO process - advantage
- Experience with NetSuite implementation - advantage
- Full US GAAP and SEC reporting capabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Tech savvy
- Highly proficient in Excel and PowerPoint and BI tools
- Relationship-focused (with clients, peers, management, etc.)
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Demonstrated experience in managing a global finance organization.
- Strong strategic and results orientation, with a proven track record of meeting or exceeding business objectives as well as the ability to implement best practices.
- Able to take ownership of fast-paced projects with rapidly shifting priorities, managing them through to completion with patience, flexibility, and passion.
- Efficient and creative problem-solver, comfortable with ambiguity, complexity, and nuance