Business Applications Project Manager
- Bangalore, India
- Information Office
Papaya Global is a rapidly growing, award-winning B2B tech unicorn with an ambitious mission to revolutionize the payroll & payments industry. With over $400M raised from multiple tier-one investors, our innovative technology provides a comprehensive solution for managing global workforces, encompassing everything from hiring and onboarding to managing and paying employees in over 160 countries.
The Business Applications Product Manager is responsible for applying experience and industry standards in the planning, organizing, and conducting of Business Requirements, for the development of systems capabilities that are cost effective, creative, and that meet user's needs.
Working with various stakeholders within the company, the Business Applications Project Manager plays a durable role throughout the Development Lifecycle that includes gathering and documenting business requirements, creating use case scenarios, modeling business processes, and participating in the overall planning that will ensure the system delivered meets the needs of the business.
This role requires a mix of problem-solving skills, technical aptitude, high-level understanding while paying attention to details.
What you will be doing:
- Collect business requirements and convert them into user stories and technical requirements for the Business Applications engineers by working directly with business stakeholders and the product team.
- Design and configure scalable solutions that deliver an optimal customer (external) and employee (internal) experience. Project sizes will range from enterprise level to application enhancements.
- Create strategies and plans that define how technology should be utilized to shape the organization's overall business strategy, architecture, and processes, which will maximize the impact of technology on Papaya Operations teams.
- Evaluate gaps and improvements to scale new and current systems, processes, and procedures cost-effectively.
- Write user stories, specifications, and requirements, and assist in prioritizing and sprint planning
- Help to define the future road map of the Business Applications team
- B.Sc. in Industrial Engineering, Economics, Science/Data Systems Management, or equivalent skills obtained through work experience.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience as a Business Application Project Manager, Product Manager, Product Owner or Analyst in the tech industry - a must
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with implementing Salesforce / NetSuite or other enterprise business apps - a must
- Quick-thinker, fast learner, and problem solver.
- Readiness to work in a high paced, dynamic, and challenging environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and proven ability to work effectively with all organizational levels.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and able to work under minimal supervision at detailed levels.
- Strong project management, time management and organizational skills.
- Deep understanding of the agile metrics (tasks, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, user stories etc.) to analyze and improve sprint planning, including familiarity with project management tools such as Jira for task tracking and workflow management.