Bookkeeper - AP/AR
- New York
Papaya Global is reinventing global payroll and workforce management. Our automated platform helps companies hire, onboard, manage, and pay employees in more than 160 countries.
We’re looking for an experienced accountant to join our financial team and help us grow globally.
- Process supplier or clients invoices in a timely and accurate manner on a daily basis, in order to ensure documents are accurately recorded and suppliers are paid in accordance with their terms.
- Manage AP or AR reconciliation on a daily basis.
- Communicate with business regarding the coding of invoices, follow Papaya’s policies and guidelines.
- Work together with the team for proper monthly closing of Accounts Payable
- Initiate/participate in process improvement projects.
- Set up new vendors in accounting software.
- Minimum 6+ years of accounting experience, preferably in high-growth SaaS environments.
- Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Balance Sheet reconciliation experience
- Must have excellent knowledge of AP and AR processes
- Must have a solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) with intermediate Excel skills required (pivot tables and VLOOKUP experience a plus).
- Experience with Priority and/or NetSuite – an advantage
- Excellent collaboration with colleagues within the local organization and with the colleagues of the global business service to support the overall Finance department’s goals and objectives.
- Flexible and able to work in a changing environment.
- Strong focus on improvement opportunities