Backend Engineer - Core Team
We’re looking for a backend developer to join our growing team. You’ll be working closely with an amazing group of developers and will be responsible for the server side of our web applications.
We use Node.js & Java to develop our backend and use the latest AWS services for development and production environments.
Papaya's Core team is responsible for the main business flows in the platform. Responsibilities include handling most of the payroll cycle aspects, onboarding employees with various integration options, overseeing employees cost plan and specific cycle updates calculations, payslips validation and publishing, and more.
As part of the team, you will design new features with the Architecture and Product teams, planning and executing features critical to Papaya's business flow. On the backend, you will use Java with Spring Boot, NodeJS with Typescript, Micro-services, REST & GraphQL, messages queues, relational and no-SQL databases, and more. And on the FE, you will use Angular, React, Redux, Apollo GraphQL, Styled components, SCSS, and more.
You will use SOLID and clean code principles while testing your code with unit, component, integration, and e2e tests.
- Develop the tools and infrastructure that power Papaya’s backend infrastructure.
- Ensure high quality of backend code, including rigorous automated testing and code reviews
- Take an active role in code reviews & pull requests, get your own code reviewed by the team and become a better developer overall
- Keep up to date on the latest techniques in development and testing
- Learn new stuff and enrich other team members
- Work cross teams to developer an e2e features (Product, Architectures, DevOps, other R&D teams).
- 3+ years of experience in at least one of the following Node.js & Java
- Experience in Agile development, including continuous integration, continuous deployment, and coding for automated testing
- Experience in core database systems (SQL, NoSQL, Redis, etc).
- Experience in deploying and maintaining in an AWS environment
- A passion for improving software quality through self-learning
- A get-things-done mentality
- To be a team player
Nice to have
- Experience with message brokers such as RabbitMQ, Kafka, etc.
- Experience in breaking monoliths into microservices architecture
- Ability to describe development process via flow charts or sequence diagrams